Today, Softduit Media is working in Gaston County, helping Cancer Services of Gaston County migrate from Joomla to WordPress as a CMS. The old site looked great and Joomla is a powerful content management system itself, . . . .
. … But the issue here is how easy is a website to manage for non-web orientated users? Can the people that run the organization run the website?
WordPress is used by hundreds of millions of users around the world. Our goal with this site is to move over the existing content but also achieve the following goals:
- Provide the people in the organization the ability to EASILY update their own website Pages.
- Provide the peope in the organization with the capability of EASILY running their own blog.
- Add the capability to the website to receive donations electronically
- Provide tools that make it easier to share pictures on the website
- Add Google maps helping provide the location and directions to Cancer Services of Gaston County
- Move the site from a previously existing server to a new hosted server that will be managed and controlled by Cancer Services of Gaston County personnel.
- Provide tools that make it easier for the organization to run events such as their Labor Day 5k race, including managing sign ups and collecting race fees and donations
Of course WordPress can do all of those things, and we will help them get through the process, making the migration simple and pain free.