- Successful sales & account management experience, portfolios in excess of $1 billion per quarter. Experience working with clients across industries from tech, finance, healthcare, retail, legal, education
- Bachelors of Science – Double major in Accounting and Finance with managerial experience in both plus contract management. Master’s in Law – International Finance and tax.
- Experience managing direct reports: Executive 3-10, Contract 126 (Operations USPS 300+)
- Expert level skills with Excel and Word; Intermediate skills with PPT, Access, SQL & MySQL. Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce & Sugar.
WPThemeSpeed by Softduit
WordPress Architect & Account Manager
- Business Developer & Project Manager – Perform client Assessments in person or virtually.
- Earned clients repeat business and referrals by decreasing (client) costs, mixing in new streams of revenue, increasing conversion rigorously, targeting content generating new leads primed to do business.
- Web Dev & Content Marketing – Early adopter & developer of WordPress CMS powering 27% of all sites. Streamlined new site launches for configuration & migrations, delivering to clients SWOT, Risk Analysis & site assessments.
- Extensive experience with Gravity Forms, WordPress eCommerce systems including WooCommerce, payment gateways, nonprofits and donation systems, custom theme development. Early adopter of work with drag and drop wordpress theme builders to speed development, iterate conversion rate improvements faster and more.
- Editing/Writing client copy, search engine optimization (Technical and On Page) working with articles or page copy to create consistent voice increasing earned media placement decreasing paid marketing.
2003 – 2005
Contract Manager Accounts Receivable Manager Reported to CEO/CFO
- Motorola Spin-off – Key member of business launch fall 2003. Achieved $43m of Revenue in 3 months. Transitioned client relationships with top US retailers: Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, Lowe’s & more.
- Sales – 2005 Out sold 132 person sales team. Personally sold $22 million in excess inventory. Helped clients open new markets via relationships established through travel, contract negotiations, account relationships & pricing analysis work.
- Product Launch Team – Key Member of of product launch team. Launched new products at CES in 2005 winning Best New Product award for the 1st wifi MP3 player. Skilled representing company to National Press & public in a booth at the largest trade show in the US.
- A/R – Responsible for contracts negotiations with customers, related partners & suppliers.
- Intensive data analysis in Excel/Access/SQL pivot tables & lookups & more. P&L analysis for sales forecasting & contract negotiations. Negotiated & launched automated factoring relationship with the CIT group to improve cash flow and reducing Accounts Receivable overhead.
2002 – 2003
Accounts Receivable Supervisor
- Managed direct reports, team of analysts. Over 300 customers / $300 million worth of receivables.
- Performed monthly sales forecast reporting.
- Created customer contracts management program assisting sales with negotiations.
- Eliminated entire past due receivables from 90 days to 5 years old.
- Automated Receivable & Credit reporting system. Eliminated $7 million employee fraud through analysis.
- Enforced MAP pricing. Promoted COOP fund and discount opportunities.
2001 – 2002
Revenue & Tax Accountant
- Responsible for closing the books and managing sales tax collections, compliance and reporting for Paging division with over $1 billion in revenue. Reconciling million line data tables in Excel (vlookups & pivot tables).
2000 – 2001
- Managed key account that kept Motorola in business in 2001. Portfolio in excess $1b per quarter largest account of Cellular group.
- Managed accounts through merger forming Verizon Wireless. Cross country travel to vendor meetings to overcome growth challenges.
1996 – 1999
United States Postal Service
Asst. Supervisor / Data Entry
- Supervised 300+ employees under collective bargaining agreement.
- Supervised employees digitally keying up to 7 million pieces of mail daily to meet 99.8% accuracy.
1991 – 1995
US Army Intelligence
- Produced daily intelligence summaries based on sensitive intelligence.
- Briefed commanders supporting deployments: Haiti, Somalia, Bosnia and Iraq.
2000 – 2003
Masters in Laws (LLM)
St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami, FL
1995 – 2000
Bachelors of Science
Illinois State University, Double Major: Accounting & Finance, Normal, IL
Bachelors of Science
Project Management, SQL, MySQL, Flowgear, Electronic Warfare Analysis, Flash, Video Editing, Search Engine Optimization & so many others.
2008 – Present
Greater Charlotte Area WordPress Meetup (300+ members)
2016 – Present
Citizens Advisory Board Member
City of Belmont, NC
2010 – 2016 (9 Events)
Mentor / Organizer
Charlotte Startup Weekend (8 events to date)
Social Media Trainer
American Red Cross – Atlanta, GA