Their mid tier WordPress managed hosting plan currently runs for $7.95/ month with a normal price of $14.95. This is a 45% discount off of their normal price which has been fluctuating for the last couple months, slightly more for a day or two on holidays such as Labor Day.
Their mid tier plan comes with a number of extras. The big additions as compared to their entry level plan includes:
- unlimited website hosting, ergo you can run unlimited domains on the plan
- 20 Gb of storage (double the storage space as the entry level plan
- targeted for total visitor traffic of 25,000 visitors (a guideline not a restriction)
- 30 past backup copies, faster supercacher, priority support
What doesn’t the mid tier plan offer that the Highest level plan does offer?
1 click staging! From our experience if you are running a semi complex site, this can be well worth the money to save time in development. If you are just running a basic blog or site, it may not be that important.
More on the discounts
We get Preachy about understanding when the discount ends…
It is important to understand that after your initial subscription expires, and renews, the renewal rate will be whatever the current normal price is at that time. From our direct (but limited) experience, Siteground requires a minimum purchase of 1 year at a time and a maximum of three years.
What does that mean?
If you order and prepay for 1 year of hosting in advance at $7.95 (discounted rate) you will be charged up front about $95.40. Then, 12 months from now or when you place your order, when the renewal comes up, your credit/debit/paypal card will be charged for 12 months at the normal rate. The normal rate is currently $14.95 so if that is still the normal rate next year, your card would be charged $179.40.
Year 1 = $95.40 at $7.95/mo rate (45% off)
Year 2 = $179.40 at $9.95/mo rate (0% off)
Save bigger with larger prepayment.
If you know that [clink id=”56″ target=”_self” rel=”nofollow”]Siteground[/clink] is going to be a good fit, or if you are just not worried about it, you can make an initial hosting order of 24 or 36 months.
In such a case the example above would work as follows
Year 1 = $286.20 at $7.95/mo rate (60% off for 3 years!) – A savings of about $252 off of their regular price.
Year 3 = $538.20 at $14.95/mo rate (0% off for the next 3 years)
Considerations and ways to save with Hosting in general
- Hosting is a prepaid expense, so if you quit and move somewhere before the 3 years are up, you can generally get a prorated refund
- Hosting prices often trend downward so the normal rate of $14.95 may (not a promise) decrease to something lower three years from now.
← Does Siteground offer a mid tier managed WordPress hosting plan?